Sponsor: Ginia Gutierrez
Mission: The mission of the Strasburg High School Strasburg United club is to foster the continued growth of active and compassionate individuals in order to reduce intolerance, harassment/intimidation, and to promote justice in a democratic society within our school and Strasburg community. We intend to encourage cultural awareness, appreciation, and inclusivity in the Strasburg student body. We want to create a safe, caring, and inclusive learning environment for all students.
What does diversity mean?
- accepting others' identities
- accepting that we are all different
- celebrating our differences
- breaking down divisions
- acknowledging issues that face different groups
- accepting that Strasburg is changing and adapting to that change
- welcoming those who are new to our school
When we describe the ideal Strasburg HS and its students in regards to diversity, what does that look like?
- free from harassment
- willing to change
- willing to understand
- willing to look past bias
- willing to have tough conversations
- willing to step out of our comfort zone
- willing to be open to new people